Demonstrating Internal Communication Value Through Effective Measurement
Strategic Communication Academy Seminar Series
Demonstrating Internal Communication Value through Effective Measurement
The communication perspective posits that everything communicates, opening a realm of possibilities to effect change and foster positive organizational influence. However, this also presents a challenge for communication leaders to discern the specific effects of their work on business outcomes and to validate the function’s distinctive worth convincingly. The most impactful communication measurement portfolios are those that not only track impact but also align with the organization’s strategic goals to demonstrate how communication drives business results. Savvy communicators must evolve from merely tallying activities, views, and clicks to adopting a measurement approach that showcases and enhances the role of internal communication, thereby affirming its value.
In this Seminar, Lisa Magnuson, Kellie Hamrick, and Katie Angstadt from CRA’s Strategic Communication and Research Practice will lead a development discussion that will guide participants toward:
- Developing an outcomes-based approach to communication measurement
- Building greater understanding of which key levers to pull and how to elevate the function
- Defining key performance indicators for the function and how to track, measure, and report them to leadership
- Identifying specific functional enhancements and development opportunities based on measurement insights
CRA Partners and Managing Directors with a minimum of 10 years advisory experience in Fortune 50 organizations lead each Seminar, and Seminars will typically include a variety of other CRA staff and clients who lend texture to the discussion. The agenda spans one and one-half days, with the content intentionally limited to six discussions – the goal is to engage a smaller number of more meaningful issues with depth. This seminar will be conducted virtually, so we have adjusted the schedule to accommodate ample time for home, work, and meal breaks.
Tuesday, September 10 | 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Understanding the principles of effective measurement
- Designing a sophisticated measurement landscape
- Exploring methods for measuring team and function effectiveness
- Using measurement findings to bolster the function’s infrastructure
Wednesday, September 11 | 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Elevating the performance of the team
- Identifying and engaging advocates
After the Seminar
- One to one coaching sessions for each participant, on their availability.
For additional information or to enroll, please contact our Event Coordinator at 610-644-5597 or email@example.com.